All new users require admin approval for activation. If you registered email board@ochomebrewclub.com and introduce yourself. Accounts that i do not receive an email from will be deleted.

RECAP NOVEMBER MEETING

Club meeting information and recaps
Ravershak

RECAP NOVEMBER MEETING

Postby Ravershak » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:07 pm

Thanks to all who came to our meeting this week at Last Wave and special thanks for Bert and Nick for being our hosts.
Welcome to Gary our newest member. Here is an update:

CLUB BUSINESS
EDUCATION
Learning time...Dave had asked for some information about brewing sours so after a brief quiz about sours (which the club aced, especially Matt) we shared some ideas and information from noted sourpuss author, MIchael Tonsmeire.
BARREL PROJECTS
Mike discussed status of our barrels. Barrels are being emptied of Oatmeal Stout and filled with Red Ale, however, barrels need to be refilled once they are emptied and we are currently short on Red Ale to fill the barrels.
Mike has a couple of original barrels still at his house so he will determine what to do with them.
CLUB BIG BREW DAY
January 20....mark this date! Big brew day at Mike's house. Possibly a big Belgian, we need to work on recipe and other information, so we will discuss in detail at our December meeting.

CLUB E MAIL LIST
Thanks everyone for getting me their e mail. Whatever is posted here or under "Club Meeting" on the forum I will also send in e mail. Last e mail I had done as a blind copy for e mail privacy reasons, however, club members present did not feel that was necessary, so I will just send out as regular email. If that is an issue, please let me know.

FINANCES
Club Treasury is at $342.50. Annual dues are $20. I have a complete list so if you are not sure if you paid or not, please ask me and I will let you know. How are we going to spend it?
We have been discussing club activities, such as a brewery trip and other events, nothing finalized yet.

PIZZA DAY
Chris Lawrence is home made pizza day at his place on Saturday, 11/25 so please let him know if you are interested.

DECEMBER MEETING
Meeting will be for current club members and will be 12/12. I will send details out in a separate post and e mail.

DECEMBER INTER CLUB COMPETITION
We haven't done one of these since the summer so the group that was present decided to make this one a holiday/spiced ale (whatever you want to call it). We will pick a winner at our December meeting...who knows there may be another six of Miller as the prize...
Thanks to Chris Lawrence for creating an awesome trophy. I know some of you may miss the bug infested boot, but Chris' creation is a suitable replacement!

Please be on the lookout for my message re: December meeting.

Thanks everyone!