All new users require admin approval for activation. If you registered email board@ochomebrewclub.com and introduce yourself. Accounts that i do not receive an email from will be deleted.

NOVEMBER MEETING REMINDER

Club meeting information and recaps
Ravershak

NOVEMBER MEETING REMINDER

Postby Ravershak » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:40 pm

MEETING 11/15 NEED INPUT PLEASE!
Reminder everyone.....Looking forward to our first visit to Last Wave Brewing. Also another first, as John and Tom from South Jersey Beer Scene Website/FB page will be attending. You know one of the goals we discussed for the club was to share our passion for home brewing as well as promote our Ocean County breweries so some nice publicity for us and Last Wave.
I invite everyone to check out the site and possibly my Pulitzer Prize winning interview with Jason Goldstein, brewer and entrepreneur extraordinaire! LOL!
AGENDA
EDUCATIONAL ICE BREAKER
Would like some input into our agenda for our next meeting Wednesday, 11/15. We usually start with an educational ice breaker, we've done the smell test, trivia and building recipes. What would you like to hear about?
OTHER AGENDA ITEMS:
* LAST WAVE BREWING...our first visit so look forward to a tour with Bert and the gang
* BRING YOUR LATEST HOME BREW...and feel free to share a picture on our page here. We haven't done this in a while so I look forward to it.
* HOLIDAY ALE COMPETITION
As we discussed at the last meeting we will have a fun competition at our December meeting. Holiday, Spiced Ale, whatever you want to call it. there is a WIDE range, so here is a description....Let's have fun with it!!!
Description:
This style takes on and beer that is specially herbed and or spiced. This is anything from the common spiced Fall Pumpkin beer to Christmas beers with nutmeg and cinnamon to ginger beers to heather ales. Some brewers will throw just about anything into the brew kettle; hot peppers, hemp, ginseng or spruce needles. Keep you mind open when you are trying some as brewers will always keep on trying to expand the limits of what beer is.
Thanks and look forward to hearing from you all!