All new users require admin approval for activation. If you registered email board@ochomebrewclub.com and introduce yourself. Accounts that i do not receive an email from will be deleted.

Hey

Newly registered users make your first post here introducing yourself.
a_shorething

Hey

Postby a_shorething » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:38 pm

Hey everyone,

I've been hearing about this club for a while and finally want to get around to joining.

I'm in Point Pleasant so the trip down to Backward Flag might be an issue during the week, but I've been there a few times and really love the people and the beer, so I'll definitely make an effort.

I have a blog called 'BINJDRINKER.COM' (BiNJ for Brewed In New Jersey) and I write about all kinds of beer stuff here in NJ, mostly brew tours I took with my wife and others. Check it out on Facebook or just at the site and let me know what you think.

I'm a homebrewer for about 4-5 years now (since my son turned 21 and started brewing and got me hooked). We're obsessed with it now and are finishing up our Brutus 10 system now. We've got 10 gallons of red in secondary and 10 gallons of a stout in primary getting ready for St. Paddy's Day.

I'm looking forward to learning from the group and enjoying some beer and talk here and at the meetings.

Thanks
Mike Frye
>>Mike Frye<<

Mike Mooney

Re: Hey

Postby Mike Mooney » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:11 pm

My first all grain setup was a brutus 10 type clone all single level with pumps she served me very well. Welcome we look forward to meeting you at a meeting and well probably more interested in meeting your beer.

a_shorething

Postby a_shorething » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:23 pm

Thanks Mike, Hopefully my beer won't disappoint.

So how does this work? Do people bring growlers or bottles if they want some feedback or to share or what?

Is there an agenda for the meetings or some kind of theme?
>>Mike Frye<<

Mike Mooney

Postby Mike Mooney » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:37 pm

Bottles or a growler is normally all that's needed if you want to bring beer. Most of us bring each meeting so a full growler may be too much. Normally we have an agenda and the actual meeting lasts anywhere from 30-60 minutes with the rest being beer talk between everyone there.

a_shorething

Postby a_shorething » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:25 am

Sounds cool, thanks.

I look forward to meeting everyone.
>>Mike Frye<<