All new users require admin approval for activation. If you registered email board@ochomebrewclub.com and introduce yourself. Accounts that i do not receive an email from will be deleted.

Hello

Newly registered users make your first post here introducing yourself.
wharding

Hello

Postby wharding » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:30 pm

Hello, my name is Bill Harding and I live in Bayville. My wife and I have been home brewing for about 6 months now and just recently brewed our first all grain batch of Hefeweizen. We look forward to meeting other home brewers in the area.

Mike Mooney

Re: Hello

Postby Mike Mooney » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:42 pm

Hello bill. How did your first all grain batch turn out? Hope to see you at a meeting they are not all that far from you down in forked river.

Ant

Postby Ant » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:49 pm

Hi Bill,
All grain after 6 months, nice. I hope you can make the next meeting.
- Ant

PFC - BN Army
Card carrying AHA member

I'm a simple man. I like pretty dark haired women and breakfast food. -Ron Swanson

wharding

Postby wharding » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:35 am

Yeah, we started with an extract kit and caught the home brew bug quickly lol. Since my youngest is now in college we are empty nestors and have brewed something almost every weekend. The first all grain batch is still in Primary, just brewed it last Saturday. Made a few mistakes, like not vorlaufing again after batch sparge (i cought it early and only got a little bit of cloudy wort in the kettle). Also, I should have checked my pre boil volume because i was short about 2 gallons post boil.

About the meeting. I have never attended a brew club meeting before. Should I bring beer? are there dues? special decoder rings or secrete hand shakes? lol Both my wife and I hope to attend next tuesday.

chrisl77
Site Admin

Postby chrisl77 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:56 pm

No dues. Bring some beer you made if you want to share it with others and get feedback. The meetings are very easy going we get the structured stuff out of the way and the beginning of the night and the rest is just social time.

wharding

Postby wharding » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:00 pm

What time do you start?

chrisl77
Site Admin

Postby chrisl77 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:55 pm

people usually start showing up around 7 - 7:30.